This was so yummy that I had to make it again this morning and I thought it was just mean not to share it with you. It’s a little time intensive for a week-day morning so it might be better to make on the week-end and possibly re-heat during the week, if it lasts that long.
1 Tablespoon Ghee
1 Butternut Squash, chopped into one inch pieces
1 Yellow Onion, chopped
1 Pepper, chopped (I used an orange but any color pepper would work),
1 lb Paleo Sausage (see instructions below)
6 Farm Fresh Eggs
1/2 Teaspoon ground Cumin
1 Teaspoon Herbamare (or Sea Salt)
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
Paleo Sausage (adapted from this recipe)
1 lb Ground Pork
3/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Dried Sage
1/4 Teaspoon Dried Rosemary
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
1 Teaspoon Herbamare (or 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt)
1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds
To Make Paleo Sausage
In a medium bowl mix all ingredients together really well. Yup, it’s that simple!
1. Melt Ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Add squash and cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
2. Add the onion, pepper, cumin, and garlic powder to the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes and remove vegetables from skillet to a large bowl.
3. To the skillet, add sausage and break up into small bite sized pieces. Cook the sausage thoroughly.
4. Add the cooked vegetables back to the skillet with the sausage.
5. In a small bowl beat the eggs with Herbamare. Pour into the skillet and stir continuously until the eggs are cooked through.
My only regret with this recipe is that I didn’t make it from the very beginning of my Whole30 journey. You don’t need to be on a Whole30 reset or even eat a Paleo diet to enjoy this. It’s super filling and sustained me for my 10 mile run without feeling heavy in my stomach. I think you could also eat it for lunch or dinner but for some reason eggs just scream “Breakfast!” to me. I hope you try it and like it as much as we did!